Sunday, November 7, 2010

Celebrating George

Today we celebrated a very special day.  On November 7th, 1973,  my older brother George was born.  
Seriously, is this not the cutest picture ever?
George and I were always incredibly close growing up..  Yes... we were incredibly close... to killing each other that is!   J   


When I was 5, our parents divorced, and  George decided he would become the man of the house... the “protector” of the family...  He was 8...
He took his new role pretty seriously
There wasn’t anything George couldn’t do..  He could fix anything, and he could do anything.  It was quite amazing actually. What was more incredible was his ability to convince me to do anything... Looking back, I don’t think I was the smartest kid!


Today we were reminiscing about the time George talked me in to letting him pull my loose tooth.  "It will be quick and painless" he promised, but what I think he meant to say was it would be slow and painful.  The next thing I knew, my tooth was tied with a string, and the string was tied to the door, and my dear older brother was slamming the door over and over.  It was Lovely!  


Okay, so perhaps George couldn't do "everything", as this trick didn't give me much more than whiplash and perhaps a crooked tooth (that's right, I blame him for my imperfect smile!).  Luckily for the rest of the world, this experience kept George from becoming a dentist!



In honour of George, his lovely wife Zarine, hosted an incredible birthday lunch at their house.  I regret not taking pictures of the delicious spread she had for us, so I could post them, but I did manage to come away with a few pictures of the kids (courtesy of the hostess with the mostess)... :)
As George is probably the hardest person in the world to buy a gift for,  I opted to bake one of his favourite treats... Butter tarts.  
I know, you are probably wondering why I didn’t get him 
a comforter like the one we are sitting on
It’s pretty sweet!





But I figured he would be happier with 
these!
Despite his inability to pull my tooth, I truly cherish the brother I have today.  George is one of the kindest, most generous and giving people I know, and he would do anything for anyone...(he got these traits honestly from our parents).  


K Happy Birthday Georgie Porgie Pudding and Pie!



1 comment:

  1. Great profile; looks like he has improved with age. However, if you see him approaching your kids with a piece of string, watch out.

    The other Sam

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...