Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man".  ~Benjamin Franklin


As another year draws to an end so does the Holiday baking.  
I begin to wonder if my life is on fast forward.  Is it me, or do the years seem to be flying by? 


New years eve is a perfect time for reflection of the things that we accomplished over the past year.


A time to reflect on our loved ones.  People struggling through difficult times.  Things that are important in life, and of course, Resolutions... 


Ringing in the New Year makes me a bit emotional.  I'm not sure why, but as the clock gets closer to midnight, I begin to feel the lump in my throat and by the time the ball drops in Times Square, I am usually trying to choke back the tears.


Perhaps it's the unknown of the year ahead.  The excitement of what's to come, and the appreciation of all that I have, and all the loved ones I have around me.


I have been fortunate this past year.  More fortunate than others, and I am thankful for everything that is in my life.


This year I decided that I will not make resolutions for myself.  Instead, I am making a wish for better things to come for one of my best friends in the world, Sue Jean.  


Her father was recently diagnosed with cancer and will be undergoing surgery at the beginning of the year.  I pray that he will have a quick and full recovery, and that Sue Jean will have a better year in 2011 than she did in 2010.


If there is anyone in the world who deserves it, it is certainly her!

And to all of you, I wish you a Wonderful, Happy and Healthy New Year!  

1 comment:

  1. my thoughts are also with Sue Jean a great friend to Jen, I am praying for your dad as well Sue Jean xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... Leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...